Micromax A25 aka Smarty is a wonderful handset for the price tag it comes with. For a mere 3k, this ‘non-3g’ phone is amazing. It’s been over an year that I’ve been using this phone and must say, this works perfect.
All the android devices that I’ve had till now, I rooted all of them to unlock the true potential. But rooting the Micromax A25 wasn’t an easy task ‘initially’. Nevertheless, found one of the most simplest way to root this phone – Root Genius.
Root Genius is a universal rooting tool – can be used to root any device. Simply follow the steps below:
- Download Root Genius and install.
- On your handset, go to Settings-> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. Tick (Switch On) USB Debugging.
- Run Root Genius.
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- The app will automatically detect your handset and tell whether its rooted or not.
- Hit the Root button and wait for 5-6 minutes, your phone might restart during the process.
- The app will now tell you that the phone is rooted.
- Once it is confirmed, you will find a KingUser app. This is a substitute to the SuperUser app.
Viola ! You have successfully rooted your phone.
The only reason to root the Micromax A25 was that it comes with a lot of bloatware and hogs up a lot of memory. Also after installing few apps, the phone will start nagging with low memory notifications. Once the phone is rooted, use the KingUser app to delete the apps.
This was something I found very useful and thought this might help many of you ! Do leave your suggestions below.